Τετάρτη 15 Οκτωβρίου 2014

What's up my viewers, so today I have a little surprise  for you !
The blog will have a special article category which will have some of my experiences i had and what i learned from that.
Of course the name will be "Mistakes made & lessons learned"

So let's start!!! 
All right,  today's post will be about my third year of training.
I will talk about my WRONG approach to "bulk" and how this affected me, counting macros good or bad and my first ever cutting phase

Let's begin with the bulking.
In the past years i didn't monitored consistently my weight,  but i was stable in the 64 kg, somewhere i believe . As i said in another post, i didn't knew anything about nutrition and i never attempted to gain weight,  my phylosophy was to train and eating protein at every meal to support new muscle I didn't want to get any fat at all. But this year i was more "suspected" about nutrition, i learned things about bulking and i pretty much had an idea .

Now let's move to the first mistake, finally , some of you, might say, if you just want to read the mistakes and lessons just go down where i summarizing.
But before you go, i just want to tell you that, i was also this type of guy, searching for headlines and not the full description.  But thankfully for me i realized that reading the full article is more beneficial.
So,  normally i was eating two sandwiches with turkey and some feta (Greek cheese).
One day I said to include a fruit, and so i was taking an apple with me.
One day the apple was small so i said take two to balance it.  But that wasn't the only problem
Before that, my Sundays was pretty low in calories as i was waking up prety late so i didn't had much meals
But this changed , i had much more meals and the calories were higher also.
The result was to gain weight, and increase my fat %  
The feeling you get when you see yourself having love handles  Anyway i learned my lesson and started counting macros better and somewhere in March i started my  first cutting phase .  It was pretty weird as i was very confused on how it is done.
I didn't have any knowledge on that subject. I was searching on the Internet, trying to find how is it done.

This brings me to the 2nd lesson learned, i noticed that when i was tracking macros and trying to hit them precisely , my fat loss progress run wild   

Now let's talk about cardio ,  in the beginning of the cut i was doing two sessions per week immediately after my workout. 
My split was MON (Chest, triceps, shoulders) (Cardio)
                    TYE (Back,Legs,Biceps) 
                    WEN Rest
                    THUR (Chest, triceps, shoulders) (Cardio)
                    FRI (Back,Legs,Biceps)
My cardio was on Monday and Thursday. As you see they were the day before Legs.
Big mistake, your cardio must be separated from your leg training by 24 hours at least.
So i changed it to Sunday, by doing Hiit!

Lesson learned  & mistakes made :

1)Increase in calories (Sudenly) .  ( Watch  your calories people.)
2)Cardio too close to leg training (Must be 24 hours apart minimum)
3)Counting macros persistently (not trying to go overboard) helped me lose fat faster.

So pretty much that was it, hope you enjoyed and benefit from it

0 σχόλια :

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Show Emoticons